Mrs. Dog’s Crispy Jerked Chicken Wings
| This recipe works well on all chicken parts.
1. In a large bowl, mix oil and jerk. Add wings. Mix and marinate overnight, if possible. The longer you marinate the chicken, the spicier it will taste. Add cheese and mix well or, if you’ve got time, put the cheese into a bowl and roll each wing in it.
2. Bake on greased sheet pan at 375° for about 40 minutes, turning once if necessary.
These are wonderful cooked in advanced and reheated!
• 5 lbs. chicken wings
• 5 tablespoons olive or canola oil
• 5 tablespoons Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
• 2 cups finely grated Parmesan Cheese
Mrs. Dog’s Pork Tenderloin
1. Place tenderloin, jerk and juice in a plastic resealable bag. Marinate 2-24 hours. Remember: the LONGER the HOTTER....
2. Either grill as is, direct method; OR cut tenderloin into Oreo-width pieces and sauté in a non-stick skillet in 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil until cooked through.
• 1 pork tenderloin
• Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk
1 tablespoon per 1.5 lbs. of meat
• 1/4 cup orange juice
Mrs. Dog’s Shrimp with Rum (a.k.a. Glad Shrimp)
1. Melt butter with jerk in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté shrimp for a minute or two. Stir in mint, rum, & lime juice. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until the shrimp are just done: pink & curled. Remove shrimp to a serving dish with a slotted spoon.
2. Boil sauce until thickened. Adjust seasonings if necessary, adding more salt or lime juice to taste. Pour sauce over shrimp and serve at once with toothpicks.
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1.5 lbs. shrimp, peeled & deveined
• 2-3 tablespoons Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk
• 1/4 cup dark rum
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice - if possible, use key lime juice
• 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Trim & cube meat. Combine with above ingredients in a Ziploc type bag and mix well.
2. Refrigerate 3-24 hours; remember, the longer you marinate it the hotter it gets....
3. Thread meat on skewers and grill over a hot fire until done.
We always fix this when we’re on vacation in the islands. It is also a great way to prepare fish, but reduce your marinating time to 1/2 to 2 hours.
Need a personalized gift card or have a special request?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie at 1-(800)-2MrsDog (800-267-7364).
FOODSERVICE, WHOLESALE AND DISTRIBUTOR PRICING
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.